Put On A Happy FaceTo Download Pattern Below, Right click & 'save as'
Pattern Below is standard size
Enlarge image to suit your jar size
DecoArt Products Required
# DA106 - Light Avocado
# DA150 - Royal Purple
# DA156 - Antique Rose
# DA157 - Black Green
# DA161 - Graphite
# DA168 - Golden Straw
# DA171 - Driftwood
# DA173 - Khaki Tan
# DA180 - Asphaltum
# DA185 - Light French Blue
# DA191 - Camel
# DA194 - Marigold
# DA208 - Celery Green
# DA211 - Wisteria
Americana Spray Sealers
# DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
# DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
# Brushes by Loew-Cornell, Royal or Eagle - #6 & #12 Flats; 10/0 Liner
# Supplies - Brush basin, palette, paper towels, tracing & transfer paper, pencil, stylus, transparent tape, scissors, fabric, 4 buttons, candles and candle holders (all available from Country Collections by Hart, 405-799-0773)
# 3 Mason Quart Jars
Apply a coat of Multi-Purpose Sealer to the outsides of all three jars.
Note: After painting each jar, add outlining and details with Lamp Black and liner.
1. Basecoat Royal Purple. When dry, spatter with Buttermilk.
2. Basecoat background behind witch Celery Green.
3. Dry-brush background with Light Avocado; then dry-brush lightly with Buttermilk.
4. Basecoat band around outside edge Buttermilk, then Marigold. Dry-brush band with a little Burnt Sienna.
5. Basecoat moon Burnt Orange, then dry-brush lightly with Marigold. Dot eye and mouth black.
6. Basecoat sign Buttermilk; shade Khaki Tan. Do lettering with black.
7. Paint witch face Camel; shade Raw Sienna; dry-brush cheeks Antique Rose. Dot eyes black.
8. Dry-brush area where hair will be with Sand. Line hair with black, then Driftwood.
9. Basecoat collar Country Blue. Line stitching black.
10. Basecoat pumpkin Burnt Orange; shade Russet. Basecoat stem Raw Sienna. Line eye, nose and mouth black; dots eyes and mouth Buttermilk.
11. Shade around witch on background with Black Green.
1. Basecoat jar with Buttermilk, then Marigold. Spatter with Buttermilk.
2. Basecoat background Wisteria; shade and dry-brush with Country Blue.
3. Basecoat outer band with Leaf Green; dry-brush with Buttermilk.
4. Basecoat crow black; dry-brush with Light French Blue. Dry-brush cheeks with Antique Rose. Line beak with Marigold. Dot eyes and line crow with Buttermilk.
5. Basecoat fence Graphite; dry-brush Buttermilk.
6. Basecoat pumpkin Burnt Orange; dry-brush Buttermilk. Basecoat stem Raw Sienna.
7. Basecoat scarecrow face and collar Camel; shade Raw Sienna. Dry-brush cheeks Antique Rose. Paint nose Burnt Sienna; dry-brush Burnt Orange. Dot eyes and line hair and mouth black.
8. Basecoat hat Khaki Tan; dry-brush Golden Straw; shade Asphaltum.
9. Basecoat shirt Russet; dot buttons Buttermilk.
10. Paint sunflower petals Marigold; shade Burnt Sienna. Paint center Asphaltum.
11. Basecoat sign Buttermilk; shade Asphaltum.
Give Thanks Jar
1. Basecoat Leaf Green; spatter with Buttermilk.
2. Paint background Light French Blue. Wash with Sapphire.
3. Paint band around background Royal Purple; dry-brush Wisteria.
4. Paint face Camel; shade Raw Sienna; dry-brush cheeks with Antique Rose. Dot eyes and line hair black.
5. Paint hat and collar Buttermilk; shade Khaki Tan. Line vines on hat with Asphaltum and leaves with Black Green.
6. Paint dress black; dry-brush with Buttermilk.
7. Paint corn Marigold; shade with Burnt Sienna. Basecoat husks with Light Avocado; shade Evergreen.
8. Paint pumpkin Burnt Orange; dry-brush with Buttermilk. Paint stem Raw Sienna.
9. Paint grapes Royal Purple. Dry-brush each with Wisteria. Line stem with black.
1. Glue buttons to collar of witch and girl, center of sunflower and corner of scarecrow.
2. Spray jars with Americana Matte Spray.
3. Tie fabric bows around necks of jars. Set candle holders and candles on top.
Contact Terrye at 204 E. Walnut, P.O. Box 532, Tecumseh, OK 74873;